Certified Flight Instructor
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Read, speak and understand English
- Hold a commercial or ATP certificate
- Hold at least a third-class FAA medical certificate
- Achieve a score of 70% or better on the FAA Flight Instructor knowledge test
- Complete the Required Flight Instruction
- Complete spin training
- Successfully complete a practical test that will be given as a final exam by an FAA inspector as specified in the FAA’s Flight Instructor Practical Test Standards.
So Tell me
What does it cost?
|Airplane (Dual Instruction)||15||$135/hr||$2,025|
|King Ground School||–||$279||$279|
|FAA Knowledge Exam||–||$150||$150|
|Aircraft for Checkride||1.5||$130/hr||$195|
* These prices are just an estimate and do not include examiner fees for the check ride. Actual costs will vary on an individual basis depending on different learning styles and the proficiency and preparation of the pilot.
Nick and his flight instructors are top notch. I’m very impressed with the quality as well as appearance of the aircraft. Scott Koon has been an exceptional instructor for my son Trevor.
They are professional, friendly, and wonderful. Scott Koon is really a great instructor!
I like Great Planes Aviation flight school because you can progress at your own pace so your learning is not rushed. The instructors take the time for you to learn and create a welcoming environment for you to feel comfortable, ask questions, and make everything understandable.
Great business, great staff, and literally great planes. They are a business but a business that cares strongly about their clients and the consumer.
Awesome, knowledgeable and friendly instructors, great service and meticulously maintained airplanes!
I took my first flight lesson from Great Planes and it was an awesome experience!