Ready to get paid to fly? Well, in order to take any sort of compensation, you will need a commercial pilot’s license. A commercial pilots license will teach you how to fly an airplane with more precision. Let us help you in obtaining your commercial pilot’s license.
- 250 hours total flight time
- 100 hours in a powered aircraft
- 100 hours as pilot in command
- 50 hours in an airplane as pilot in command
- 50 hours of cross country as pilot in command, 10 of which must be in airplanes
- Obtain a FAA 3rd class medical
- Fluent in the English language
- Complete a ground school course
- Pass the FAA written exam
- Flight time with instructor conducting maneuvers
- 10 hours instrument training
- 10 hours flight in a complex airplane or technically advanced airplane
- 2 hour day and night cross country over 100nm straight line
- 300nm cross country with one leg at least 250nm with landings at 3 different airports
- 5 hours night VFR with 10 takeoffs and landings at an airport with an operating control tower
- Pass the FAA check ride
So tell me
What are the benefits
Attaining your commercial pilot certificate is a huge milestone in your aviation carrier. As a holder of a commercial pilot certificate you will be able to fly for compensation or hire. This may include flying passengers, cargo, aerial pipeline inspections and much more! Many of our students who attain this rating pursue careers as flight instructors, charter pilots, and airline pilots. Let Great Planes clear you for takeoff on a path to pursuing a career in aviation.
So Tell me
What does it cost?
|Piper Archer (TAA)||
|King Ground School||–||$279||$279|
|FAA Knowledge Exam||–||$150||$150|
|Aircraft for Checkride||1.5||$160/hr||$240|
* These prices are just an estimate and do not include examiner fees for the check ride. Actual costs will vary on an individual basis depending on different learning styles and the proficiency and preparation of the pilot.
Nick and his flight instructors are top notch. I’m very impressed with the quality as well as appearance of the aircraft. Scott Koon has been an exceptional instructor for my son Trevor.
They are professional, friendly, and wonderful. Scott Koon is really a great instructor!
I like Great Planes Aviation flight school because you can progress at your own pace so your learning is not rushed. The instructors take the time for you to learn and create a welcoming environment for you to feel comfortable, ask questions, and make everything understandable.
Great business, great staff, and literally great planes. They are a business but a business that cares strongly about their clients and the consumer.
Awesome, knowledgeable and friendly instructors, great service and meticulously maintained airplanes!
I took my first flight lesson from Great Planes and it was an awesome experience!